Advocates of legal abortion tell us “It’s ok because the fetus is not viable.”
However by their own self-defeating reasoning, they are not viable either.
Photo of 18week Fetus: Lennart Nilsson
this is definitely in the top ten dumbest shit I’ve ever seen list.
I’m dying of dumb. Also, is that a baby wearing a mosquito net?
We’ve gone from incubators to environments.
What is it about pro-lifers and lying? As an advocate of legal abortion, my argument has never been “well the fetus isn’t viable outside the womb.” It’s that a fetus isn’t a person with rights that supersede the mother. Like, if that astronaut took their protective gear off, they’d still be a human being. That’s not the argument. Here’s my argument:
- A fetus is a fetus, not a person
- People with uteruses have a right to decide when and how their internal organs are used
- Making abortion illegal drives pregnant people to perform or seek out unsafe back-alley abortions
- Every child should be wanted, and every mother should be willing
- Pregnancy, labor and birth are incredibly fraught, dangerous, very serious medical conditions. We have no right to force someone to go through them anymore than we have the right to demand you donate a kidney to a stranger
- We don’t have universal healthcare, so exactly who is supposed to pay for poor peoples’ unwanted pregnancies? And who’s supposed to pay their rent and bills and buy groceries and take care of their other kids? Who’s going to pay for postnatal care and counseling and healthcare if the kid isn’t born in perfect health? We don’t have a system in place to support mothers. It’s cruel and unusual punishment to force pregnancy on people.
So you know
fuck your astronaut argument and your mosquito-net fetus
It’s the amnionic sac. I’m pro-choice, but you all just made yourselves look stupid. People CHOSE to go to outer-space; people don’t always choose to become pregnant. Also… that’s like, a full-term fetus. People don’t abort those just “because”. There’s a serious health concern going on - or the child is already dead. Anti-choicers don’t seem to get that though. They love showing full-term fetuses and acting like they’re embryos.
It’s not a full-term fetus. It’s less than half-term. It’s 18 weeks post conception. See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthpicturegalleries/6255474/A-Child-is-Born-Photographs-of-the-foetus-developing-in-the-womb-by-Lennart-Nilsson.html?image=5